The internationally recognized ADBIS conference already for 21 years is
gathering researchers and practitioners around topics related to databases,
data processing, and information systems, in general. The conference is run
in Europe but attracts researchers from all over the world. The 21st ADBIS
conference will be held in Nicosia, Cyprus. The conference is accompanied
by satellite events, including PhD consortia and workshops.
Typically, workshops focus on multiple topics related to data storage and
processing. This year we would encourage also workshops focusing on
practical applications of research in business/industry and on joint projects
run by industry and research entitites.
The list of workshop topics is not limited to the aforementioned and we
encourage representatives of research and business to submit workshop
proposals promoting their achievements.
SUBMITTING WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
Workshop proposals should be emailed to the workshop chairs:
· a workshop title
· estimated length (1 day or 1/2 day)
· names, affiliations, and e-mails of PC chairs
· short bio of the workshop PC chairs, including previous experience in
organizing workshops or conferences (if applicable)
· a (tentative) list of PC (if possible)
· a workshop main goals
· the list of a workshop topics
· preliminary CFP
· how information about a workshop will be disseminated and how papers
will be solicited
The organizers of accepted workshops are expected to:
· organize the workshop's program committee
· disseminate the workshop call for papers
· solicit submissions
· conduct the reviewing process
· prepare the final workshop program
The official language of workshops is English.
Workshops will benefit from the ADBIS 2017 organizational infrastructure
and receive support w.r.t. registration, badges, lunches, coffee breaks,
and publication of the workshop proceedings.
Workshops papers will be published by Springer in 'Communications in
Computer and Information Science'.
We plan to invite selected workshop papers for publication in a journal.
· Submission of Workshop Proposals: January 15, 2017
· Workshop acceptance/rejection Notification: January 21, 2017
· Camera-ready Submission of Papers: June 25, 2017
· Workshops held: September 24, 2017
A detailed workshop timeline, i.e., deadlines for submissions, reviews,
camera-ready due, are proposed by the workshop PC chairs, in agreement
with the ADBIS 2017 workshop chairs.
Steering Committee Chair
· Leonid Kalinichenko, Russian Academy of Science, Russia
· George A. Papadopoulos, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
· Marite Kirikova, Riga Technical University, Latvia
· Kjetil Norvag, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
· Christos Mettouris, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
· Johann Gamper, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy
· Robert Wrembel, Poznan University of Technology, Poland
Doctoral Consortium Chairs
· Jerome Darmont, Universite Lyon 2, France
· Stefano Rizzi, University of Bologna, Italy